Sulphur Springs City Council Nov. 5 Agenda
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
NOVEMBER 5, 2019, 7 P.M.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street.
The following items will be discussed:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements,
wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, abatement orders, and a discussion of urban sprawl.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2761, amending the Code of Ordinances by renaming Chapter 8 to “City Parks & Lakes” and adding Article IV entitled “City Parks”.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1182 establishing a Fund Balance Policy.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1183 supporting LPM Housing’s
application to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for housing tax credits and direct loan funds for the Trinity Oaks Apartments on Woodlawn Street.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve an amendment to our development agreement with Luminant assuming Luminant’s obligations regarding overpass and indemnifying Luminant.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve an interlocal agreement with Hopkins County for the collection and processing of scrap tires.
- Visitors and public forum.
- Executive session will be held in accordance with Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551.074, Personnel Matters specifically relating to the City Manager.