Many of our local schools have programs and other activities planned Nov. 11 to honor local veterans for their service.
Below are some that KSST has been made aware of:
- Sulphur Springs High School will host a reception at 12 noon Monday, Nov. 11, in the SSHS Library, with a special program to follow at 1 p.m. in the high school gymnasium. All past and present military are invited to attend. The SSHS Band will perform and the event will feature various guests as well.
- Cumby ISD will host a program to honor all who have served our country at 9 a.m. Nov. 11 in the school gymnasium. All pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students will sing a special song, the Student Council will provide a reading and a video of “heroes” from CISD families will be viewed.
- The Annual North Hopkins ISD Veteran’s Day Program will begin at 9:30 a.m. The culinary department will host a breakfast beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the culinary cafe. All veterans and their families are invited to attend and be honored by NHISD students, faculty and staff.
- Miller Grove Elementary Veterans Program on Nov. 11 includes breakfast at 8 a.m. and a program at 9 a.m.
- Travis Primary third graders will be singing at Veteran’s Flag Ceremony at VFW Monday, and performing patriotic program for parents Monday night at 6 p.m.
- Sulphur Springs Middle School Student Council is sponsoring a Veterans Day program that includes breakfast at 8:15 a.m., followed at 9 a.m. by the program which includes veterans and features the SSMS select choir, band, cheerleaders and student speakers. All veterans are welcome, but those planning to attend were asked to complete a brief form so that school staff can adequately prepare for them.
- Barbara Bush Primary Veteran’s Day Program will begin at 1:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 11 to honor all veterans. Students should arrive in patriotic colors of red, white and blue (no turquoise or light blue, staff ask) at 6:15 p.m. for the evening performance.
- Lamar Primary will hold a Veterans Day program at 8:30 a.m. in the school cafeteria. Students were asked to bring photos of veterans to be recognized on the Honor Wall.
- Yantis ISD will host a Veterans Day program starting at 10 a.m., with breakfast at 9 a.m.