Wildcat Band Director Spencer Emmert called Saturday (October 12) a great day for the band as they performed in Royse City at the second contest of the season. He said the Wildcats went against a good field of fifteen bands in prelims. Emmert added the weather was great. He said the Wildcats finished in fourth place during prelims advancing to Saturday night’s finals. The Wildcats finished fourth overall behind Garland Lakeview Centennial, North Forney and West Mesquite. Emmert said he told the band going into the contest to do their absolute best, continue to make their next performance better than the last one and strive to reach their potential. Emmert said the Wildcat Band performances earned lots of compliments from other directors. Next for the Wildcats is the UIL Region Contest Tuesday at Mount Pleasant. If the Wildcats earn a first division rating at that contest, they will advance to Area competition. The Wildcats are scheduled to perform at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at Mount Pleasant. Emmert said there might be delays due to some expected stormy weather.
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021