Wildcat Band Director Spencer Emmert believes the band had their highest finish in school history at Area competition last Saturday (October 26) at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. The Wildcat Band placed 13th. Emmert said it was a great day and the band performed a great show. He said the band performed early, the fifth band to perform. Emmert said the weather was cold and windy. He said Mesquite Memorial Stadium is known for its’ swirling winds. Emmert said that was one of the reasons he booked the band’s first contest there back on October 5. He said the band’s 13th place finish was awesome although he added an ultimate goal was to finish in the top ten to qualify for the Area finals. Emmert said the Wildcat Band has never made finals at Area. He said the band would continue to perform its halftime show, What a Wonderful New World, at the final two football games. He said his seniors especially want to perform it at The Prim on Senior Night on November 8. Emmert said the band has a busy schedule ahead despite winding down of football season. The band is just beginning the Concert Band season. The band will also be performing at a special Veterans Day program and will be doing a Christmas Show. With straight one scores during the Marching Season, the band will be pursuing Sweepstakes in the spring with a performance and sight reading. Band members will have All Region Band auditions in December. The top three chairs for each instrument qualify for the All-Region Band. Students that qualify can then compete at the All-State Band. Band members will also have Solos and Ensembles competition in the spring. On top of everything else, the Wildcat Band will be taking an Orlando, Florida trip in the spring.
Home » Headlines » Wildcat Band Has Highest Finish in School History at Area Competition Last Saturday
- Wildcats Football Has Tough First Half in Ennis on Friday, and Wildcats Cross Country Hosted First Ever Sulphur Springs Invitational Last Weekend
- Dinner Bell Menu For September 29, 2021
- Business History: Mattison Insurance Agency-Here When You Need It!
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court Sept. 27, 2021, Regular Meeting Agenda
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28