The Wildcat Band got into contest season as they attended their first one at Mesquite Memorial Stadium this past Saturday (October 5). Band Director Spencer Emmert said Saturday was one of the hottest days he’s ever had at a marching contest. Emmert said his band members persevered through adversity. He noted that kids from some other bands fell out due to the heat during the competition. Emmert said the Wildcat Band got to perform in a stadium he hopes they return to for Area competition. He said Mesquite Memorial has swirling winds and lots of sound reverberation. Emmert said he also received critiques from a panel of judges. He said the band ended up one judge short of having the top rating. Emmert said the band staff met over the weekend to discuss tweaks to make to the show this week based on judges’ comments. Next Saturday the Wildcat Band goes to a contest in Royse City. This one will offer a band a preliminary performance that can led to a finals performance for the highest rated bands. More judges will provide their critiques.
Home » Community Events » Wildcat Band Competes at Hot First Contest of Season at Mesquite Memorial Stadium Saturday
- Teresa Lemons
- Tira News — Feb. 26, 2020
- Saltillo Lady Lions Win a Triple Overtime Thriller to Advance to a Tough Regional Tournament
- Asbestos Abatement Underway
- Former Wildcat Triston Abron is New Head Coach at Class 4A Mexia
- Wildcats Basketball Date, Time and Place Set for Area Game With Red Oak Hawks
Ye Olde KSST Poll
- Is the best! I love it! (73%)
- meh... (10%)
- Don't like it. (10%)
- I don't vote. (7%)
Thanks for voting!