Sulphur Springs City Council Oct. 1 Meeting Agenda
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
OCTOBER 1, 2019 7:00 P.M.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
a) Housing & Infrastructure – Tory Niewiadomski
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding plans to submit an application for a grant from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to improve Pacific Park.
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements,
wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2759, amending Chapter 25 of the Code of Ordinances to include Section 25-82.1 which prohibits curbside parking within 30’ of any intersection inside the city limits.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2760, amending Chapter 25, Article VI, changing the title of said code to “Bicycles, Scooters and other wheeled conveyances which expands the coverage to prohibit skateboards, scooters, roller blades and other similar devices on sidewalks in commercially zoned areas.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve transfer of solid waste hauling contract from Sanitation Solutions to Waste Connections.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1179 adopting the Parks and Open Space Master Plan.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1180 authorizing the City Manager to act on behalf of the City in the preparation and submission of an application for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Local Grant Program.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1181 authorizing the City Manager to execute an Advanced Funding Agreement or other similar agreements with the Texas Department of Transportation regarding FM 1870 Overpass Bridge.
- Visitors and public forum.