Betty Jean Holmes passed away on August 28, 2019, at the age of 75. She was born in Winnsboro, Texas on April 26, 1944 to the late Clyde Woodrow Holmes and Rebecca Marie (Barber) Holmes. Betty was a longtime member of the Winnsboro Church of Christ. She was also preceded in death by brother Carl Preston Holmes. Betty is survived by brothers Herman Holmes, Troy Holmes; sister Mary Frances Fulmer, six nephews, five nieces, and numerous great nieces and great nephews. The family will receive friends at Beaty Funeral Home on Thursday, August 29th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A funeral will be held in the chapel at Beaty Funeral Home on Friday, August 30th at 2:00 p.m., with Bro. Gerald Elliott officiating. Burial will follow in the Williard Cemetery in Winnsboro.
- Eric Russell Reynolds
- Wildcats Football Struggle Against Bulldogs
- Paris District Road Report for the week of Sept. 23, 2019
- Wildcats Football Team Wants to Get Into Win Column Versus Royse City For Homecoming Friday
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report September 11, 2019 to September 17, 2019
- Bright Star Theater Renovation Ongoing
- Tradin’ Post for Friday, September 20th, 2019
- Paris Junior College Announces Distinguished Alumni Awards
- National Emergency Preparedness Month Part 3:City, County a Team
- Epilepsy Awareness Fundraiser at Backstory Brewery
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Youth (12 to 17 years of age give or take) in Sulphur Springs have enough activity opportunities.
- No, youth really need more activities. (59%)
- I think there are opportunities, but they dont take advantage of them. (23%)
- There are plenty of things to do. (14%)
- I think it is a problem, but I can't imagine what would help. (3%)
- I have all the answers to this problem and I will Email [email protected] with my solutions. (1%)
Thanks for voting!