Betty Jean Holmes passed away on August 28, 2019, at the age of 75. She was born in Winnsboro, Texas on April 26, 1944 to the late Clyde Woodrow Holmes and Rebecca Marie (Barber) Holmes. Betty was a longtime member of the Winnsboro Church of Christ. She was also preceded in death by brother Carl Preston Holmes. Betty is survived by brothers Herman Holmes, Troy Holmes; sister Mary Frances Fulmer, six nephews, five nieces, and numerous great nieces and great nephews. The family will receive friends at Beaty Funeral Home on Thursday, August 29th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A funeral will be held in the chapel at Beaty Funeral Home on Friday, August 30th at 2:00 p.m., with Bro. Gerald Elliott officiating. Burial will follow in the Williard Cemetery in Winnsboro.
- Current Tax Practices Discussed At Sulphur Springs ISD Board Of Trustees Meeting
- Coach Owens and Football Edge Continue Building on Progress After Week 2
- Emergency Sirens to be Tested Today
- Court Issues Nationwide Preliminary Injunction Blocking Biden Administration’s Pause On New Oil And Gas Leases
- Trading Post for June 17, 2021
- Tira News: Homecoming Slated July 4