The Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team plays in its’ first state qualifier tournament this season Saturday (June 15) in Tyler. The Wildcats have only qualified for the state tournament once before. The 2008 Wildcats 7 on 7 Team, led by quarterback Tyrik Rollison, qualified for state. To qualify for state in College Station, the Wildcats will need to win their pool Saturday and also come out on top in a tournament semi-final game. The pool games are scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and at 11 a.m. The Wildcats’ pool includes Marshall, Tyler Lee and John Tyler. Wildcats Offensive Coordinator Matt Young said the games in Tyler Saturday will be longer. They will be 40 total minutes divided into two halves. The Wildcats will take only one team and it will made up of 20 players. Coach Young said quarterback Kaden Wallace, his receivers and the Wildcats’ defense are really showing improvement in 7 on 7 so he said it will be interesting to see how they play against strong competition Saturday. Win or lose, Coach Young said Saturday’s games will be yet another opportunity to get in reps and get better. The Wildcats will also play in a state qualifier tournament on June 21 in Rowlett.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team Plays in State Qualifier Tournament Saturday in Tyler
- Lady Cats Golfer Mariam Tran Plays at the Two-Day Regional Golf Tournament in Rockwall
- Quitman Resident Arrested In Rains County On Hopkins County Warrants
- SSHS Literary Criticism Team Wins Regional Championship, 5 Wildcat Academic UIL Competitors Advance To State
- Wildcats Tennis Team Gets Consolation Wins at District Tennis Tourney as Future Looks Bright
- Early Voting Begins Today In Yantis, Como-Pickton Trustees Elections
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaways Start Next Week