The Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team plays in its’ first state qualifier tournament this season Saturday (June 15) in Tyler. The Wildcats have only qualified for the state tournament once before. The 2008 Wildcats 7 on 7 Team, led by quarterback Tyrik Rollison, qualified for state. To qualify for state in College Station, the Wildcats will need to win their pool Saturday and also come out on top in a tournament semi-final game. The pool games are scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and at 11 a.m. The Wildcats’ pool includes Marshall, Tyler Lee and John Tyler. Wildcats Offensive Coordinator Matt Young said the games in Tyler Saturday will be longer. They will be 40 total minutes divided into two halves. The Wildcats will take only one team and it will made up of 20 players. Coach Young said quarterback Kaden Wallace, his receivers and the Wildcats’ defense are really showing improvement in 7 on 7 so he said it will be interesting to see how they play against strong competition Saturday. Win or lose, Coach Young said Saturday’s games will be yet another opportunity to get in reps and get better. The Wildcats will also play in a state qualifier tournament on June 21 in Rowlett.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team Plays in State Qualifier Tournament Saturday in Tyler
- Young Cancer Patient Gets a Memorable Trip Home with Large Motorcycle Escort
- Meal A Day Menu For May 25-29, 2020
- I-30 Crash Resulted In 2 Fatalities Sunday Morning
- Hopkins County Records — May 23, 2020
- 2 Men Jailed In Hopkins County On Felony Warrants
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of May 25, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!