The Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team plays in its’ first state qualifier tournament this season Saturday (June 15) in Tyler. The Wildcats have only qualified for the state tournament once before. The 2008 Wildcats 7 on 7 Team, led by quarterback Tyrik Rollison, qualified for state. To qualify for state in College Station, the Wildcats will need to win their pool Saturday and also come out on top in a tournament semi-final game. The pool games are scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and at 11 a.m. The Wildcats’ pool includes Marshall, Tyler Lee and John Tyler. Wildcats Offensive Coordinator Matt Young said the games in Tyler Saturday will be longer. They will be 40 total minutes divided into two halves. The Wildcats will take only one team and it will made up of 20 players. Coach Young said quarterback Kaden Wallace, his receivers and the Wildcats’ defense are really showing improvement in 7 on 7 so he said it will be interesting to see how they play against strong competition Saturday. Win or lose, Coach Young said Saturday’s games will be yet another opportunity to get in reps and get better. The Wildcats will also play in a state qualifier tournament on June 21 in Rowlett.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team Plays in State Qualifier Tournament Saturday in Tyler
- Complaint Of Naked Man In Car Results In Arrest
- I-30 Traffic Stop In Cumby Yields Methamphetamine, Marijuana Pipe, 2 Arrests
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 17, 2019
- Channel 18 J.D. Franklin: Monday, June 17, 2019
- MADD: Win a Smoker and Trailer Friday
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Team Comes Close To Qualifying For State At Tyler Tourney Saturday
- J.D. Franklin Honored At Street Unveiling, Ceremony
- Commissioners Court Agrees to Tax Rebate Program
- 2 Commissioners, Sheriff Announce Plans to Seek Reelection
- Metro Diner Suffers Minor Damage From Car Jumping Curb
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!