The first week of The Edge conditioning program wrapped up Thursday morning (June 13). Wildcats Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Greg Owens said the first week of six went well. He said kids were charged up and were excited to be there. He could not hide his disappointment in the commitment level of several of his junior and senior members of the football team who did not show up this week. Coach Owens said the kids who showed up worked their tails off this week. He said there were probably about 200 SSISD athletes involved in something this week. Members of the Wildcats basketball team were lifting weights and doing agility drills during skill work time. Cross country runners are working out early. Coach Owens said volleyball players and girls basketball players were also working out in the athletic training room. He said at The Edge about 100 freshmen, soccer girls and high school football players were coming to The Edge along with middle school athletes attending middle school Edge. Coach Owens said Edge attendees were tired and sore but he added that was to be expected. He said their conditioning levels were improving. He said their attitudes were great. Coach Owens said goals of The Edge deal with building an athletes core and working on their explosion. He continues to like the extra two hours per week that coaches can work with their athletes on skills. Coach Owens said the UIL has some fresh faces and they are asking coaches how they can help improve things. The new skill time is just one result.
- Beryl Rae Hendrickson Leber
- Conley In Custody On 4 Aggravated Sexual Assault Of Child Charges
- Jury Deliberating In Trial Of Delta County Man Accused Of Sexual Assault Of A Child
- Corsicana Football Coach is Hal Wasson, Former Coach at Southlake Carroll
- Wilma Goldsmith
- Channel 18 News: Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Tradin’ Post for Thursday, October 17th, 2019
- Friday an Early Release Day for SSISD
- Reilly Springs Jamboree Plans a Benefit Concert for Reed/Ivey Families Oct. 19
- United Way Report Meeting Shows Campaign Donations and Pledges Coming In!
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Fall is finally here
- Let's wait a week and see. (45%)
- Yes! (41%)
- Not yet... (14%)
Thanks for voting!