There are more Sulphur Springs High School coaching staff changes to report after Tuesday (June 11) night’s meeting of the school board. Coach Chris Owens, who was also a Social Studies teacher, has a new job. He will now take over the high school SAC or Student Assignment Center, an in school suspension program, and he will also continue to be a high school coach. Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta lost another assistant coach. Brandon DeLorge, also a Government teacher, resigned to take a head coaching position at Sanger. Recently Cipoletta assistant Phillip Manning resigned to take an assistant coach position at Plano. The school board has already approved the hiring of an assistant basketball coach for Coach Cipoletta, Joe Garcia. Tuesday night the board approved the hiring of boys basketball assistant Austin Fleming. Fleming is a Special Ed Teacher and comes from Zephyr, where he was head basketball coach. Coach Fleming is currently helping Coach Cipoletta with his SSISD Boys Basketball Camp this week. Kevin Hatcher, who was a PE teacher and Boys Coach at Sulphur Springs Middle School, is coming to the high school as a history teacher and coach. Tuesday night the school board also approved the hiring of Ashley Bagwell as a high school math teacher and possible coach.
- Dinner Bell Menu For June 26th, 2019
- A Gift From WoodmenLife
- Mr. Bill Walker
- Loyd Cullen Tucker
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Season Ends With One Point Loss at State Qualifier Tourney in Rowlett Friday
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 24, 2019
- PJC Students Make the President’s and Dean’s List
- Hopkins County Hospital District June 24 Agenda
- Criminal Mischief Reported At 3 Local Businesses
- Natali Marie Lawson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Using old tires for road construction...
- Seems like a great idea! (48%)
- I'm for trying anything! (19%)
- It's been tried before... and it didn't really work. (13%)
- Tires are waste and should not be spread around the county. (10%)
- I'd have some tires I'd like to donate! (10%)
Thanks for voting!