There are more Sulphur Springs High School coaching staff changes to report after Tuesday (June 11) night’s meeting of the school board. Coach Chris Owens, who was also a Social Studies teacher, has a new job. He will now take over the high school SAC or Student Assignment Center, an in school suspension program, and he will also continue to be a high school coach. Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta lost another assistant coach. Brandon DeLorge, also a Government teacher, resigned to take a head coaching position at Sanger. Recently Cipoletta assistant Phillip Manning resigned to take an assistant coach position at Plano. The school board has already approved the hiring of an assistant basketball coach for Coach Cipoletta, Joe Garcia. Tuesday night the board approved the hiring of boys basketball assistant Austin Fleming. Fleming is a Special Ed Teacher and comes from Zephyr, where he was head basketball coach. Coach Fleming is currently helping Coach Cipoletta with his SSISD Boys Basketball Camp this week. Kevin Hatcher, who was a PE teacher and Boys Coach at Sulphur Springs Middle School, is coming to the high school as a history teacher and coach. Tuesday night the school board also approved the hiring of Ashley Bagwell as a high school math teacher and possible coach.
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle
- Bid For New Senior Citizens Center, Grant Application On Aug. 3 City Council Agenda
- Stegient Wins Bronze Medal At ATA Martial Arts World Tournament Of Champs
- Hopkins County Republican Party Meeting Scheduled Aug. 7, At Pioneer Café
- Dinner Bell Menu For August 4, 2021