There are more Sulphur Springs High School coaching staff changes to report after Tuesday (June 11) night’s meeting of the school board. Coach Chris Owens, who was also a Social Studies teacher, has a new job. He will now take over the high school SAC or Student Assignment Center, an in school suspension program, and he will also continue to be a high school coach. Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta lost another assistant coach. Brandon DeLorge, also a Government teacher, resigned to take a head coaching position at Sanger. Recently Cipoletta assistant Phillip Manning resigned to take an assistant coach position at Plano. The school board has already approved the hiring of an assistant basketball coach for Coach Cipoletta, Joe Garcia. Tuesday night the board approved the hiring of boys basketball assistant Austin Fleming. Fleming is a Special Ed Teacher and comes from Zephyr, where he was head basketball coach. Coach Fleming is currently helping Coach Cipoletta with his SSISD Boys Basketball Camp this week. Kevin Hatcher, who was a PE teacher and Boys Coach at Sulphur Springs Middle School, is coming to the high school as a history teacher and coach. Tuesday night the school board also approved the hiring of Ashley Bagwell as a high school math teacher and possible coach.
- Two Former Wildcats Players Have Selected New Basketball Homes
- Wildcats Golfer Kip Childress Completes Day One of Regional Golf Tourney With Score of 78
- Mistrial Declared In Voyeurism, Home Burglary Cases
- Burnett, Snyder Win Top Honors In SkillsUSA Texas Automotive Service Technology Contest
- James D. Shelton
- Miller Grove Cemetery Memorial Day Service