There are more Sulphur Springs High School coaching staff changes to report after Tuesday (June 11) night’s meeting of the school board. Coach Chris Owens, who was also a Social Studies teacher, has a new job. He will now take over the high school SAC or Student Assignment Center, an in school suspension program, and he will also continue to be a high school coach. Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta lost another assistant coach. Brandon DeLorge, also a Government teacher, resigned to take a head coaching position at Sanger. Recently Cipoletta assistant Phillip Manning resigned to take an assistant coach position at Plano. The school board has already approved the hiring of an assistant basketball coach for Coach Cipoletta, Joe Garcia. Tuesday night the board approved the hiring of boys basketball assistant Austin Fleming. Fleming is a Special Ed Teacher and comes from Zephyr, where he was head basketball coach. Coach Fleming is currently helping Coach Cipoletta with his SSISD Boys Basketball Camp this week. Kevin Hatcher, who was a PE teacher and Boys Coach at Sulphur Springs Middle School, is coming to the high school as a history teacher and coach. Tuesday night the school board also approved the hiring of Ashley Bagwell as a high school math teacher and possible coach.
- Oct. 19 Hopkins County COVID-19 Update: 77 New Cases, 61 Recoveries, 5 Additional Nursing Home Deaths
- Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner Found A Lot To Like In Friday Win Over Hallsville
- Lady Cats Cross Country Wins Commerce Invitational Meet Saturday With Wildcats Placing Third
- Wildcats Varsity Football Home Game Against Ennis Friday Is Postponed
- TxDOT Paris District Road Report For The Week Of Oct. 19, 2020
- Wood County Voters Reported Ballot Issue For Yantis ISD Trustees Election