“Victims” were being prepped Friday morning for the upcoming “disaster drill”, set for Friday June 21. The drill will be held near the Sulphur Springs High School area. If you notice a number of response vehicles and personnel in that area, rest assured it is part of a State-recommended effort which evaluates our local response to various scenarios that may arise during a disaster, and to test the capability of local agencies to work together under an organized command. Signs will be up to inform drivers of Friday’s drill area. The drill will be completed by noon, according to Hopkins County Emergency Management Specialist Kristi Springfield.
- SSHS Back To School Device Prep Slated Aug. 24-28
- Monday Designated For Yantis ISD Schedule, Technology Pick Up
- Jerry Hooker
- Man Caught In Stolen Vehicle On I-30 in Hopkins County
- 6 New COVID-19 Cases, 61 Active Cases Reported In Hopkins County Aug. 7
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused Of Choking Female Household Member
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!