For years the Wildcat Football Camp for youngsters has been one of the last one’s held during the summer. This year it will be the first. It will also be an evening camp. Camp dates are next Tuesday through Thursday (May 28-30) from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. each day in the Multipurpose Building. Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens hopes the changes will result in increased attendance. The Camp is for boys entering the third grade through the seventh grade next school year. Coach Owens said this is a non-pad camp that will feature basic fundamentals including passing, catching, blocking and tackling. He said there is a big emphasis on having fun. Coach Owens said seventh graders will be separated and will be introduced to the offense they will have at middle school. He said there will also be talks on leadership, character and how to become a student-athlete on the field and off. Cost of the camp is $20. Sign up forms are available on the school district website atwww.ssisd.net.
- 27th COVID-19 Fatality Reported On Oct. 24 For Hopkins County
- Hohenberger, Brantley, Juarez Receive Top Hopkins County Stew Contest Awards
- Early Morning Disturbance Complaint Results In 2 Intoxication Arrests
- Heroin, Pills, Marijuana Found During Warrant Arrest
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of October 26, 2020
- Tire Town’s Mike Gilmer Featured in Radio Ink Magazine As Longtime Local Radio Advertiser on KSST