Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens said 42 boys attended day one of the Wildcat Football Camp Tuesday evening (May 28) from 6 until 8 p.m. inside the Multipurpose Building. The camp is designed for boys who will be entering third through the seventh grade this fall. He said it was a really good group considering that there were some conflicts with camp Tuesday night. Coach Owens hopes five or six more kids will come to camp Wednesday evening. Cost of football camp is $20. He said kids got to run around and have fun. Coach Owens said younger boys learned techniques of throwing, catching, blocking, tackling and covering. Sixth and seventh graders next fall were working in position groups they are expected to be in at middle school this fall. Camp ended with spirited games of Wildcat Ball. Several of the youngster caught the eye of Coach Owens and his assistant coaches. Day two of camp will take place Wednesday evening with day three wrapping up camp Thursday evening. Camp hours are 6 until 8 p.m. each day in the Multipurpose Building.
- Early Voting Begins Today In Yantis, Como-Pickton Trustees Elections
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaways Start Next Week
- What’s all the Buzz? by Hopkins County Master Gardener Phyllis Kitten
- Man Arrested Twice In One Weekend For Possession of THC Oil
- Securities Commissioner Issues Order Stopping Fraudulent Cryptocurrency Trading Program
- Voters To Consider 2 Propositions On May 1 Cumby ISD Bond Election Ballot