Just after 11 pm on Wednesday night, a single tanker truck headed northbound on Hwy 19 failed to navigate the turn at the I-30 intersection. After jumping the small median and narrowly missing the Right Turn Only sign, the truck and trailer ran off the road overturning in the grassy area at the Southeast corner of the heavily travelled intersection. First responders on the scene extracted the lone occupant of the destroyed rig and transported the driver to Christus Trinity Mother Frances Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Rescuing the truck proved to be more difficult. American Towing’s Jason Bryant was the first to get the call and Jay Fuller from Fuller’s Towing was also called in for any HazMat issues. Luckily, the milk hauling trailer was intact, and it was only diesel fuel from the truck that had to be considered. Emergency personnel were on the scene well into the morning assisting with traffic control and the recovery of the vehicle.
- Oct. 26–30 Meal A Day Menu
- 27th COVID-19 Fatality Reported On Oct. 24 For Hopkins County
- Hohenberger, Brantley, Juarez Receive Top Hopkins County Stew Contest Awards
- Early Morning Disturbance Complaint Results In 2 Intoxication Arrests
- Heroin, Pills, Marijuana Found During Warrant Arrest
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of October 26, 2020