An athletic banquet for football, powerlifting and athletic trainers took place Monday (May 6) night at Sulphur Springs Country Club. Football MVP’s were their 32 seniors. Powerlifting MVP’s, for the Wildcats was senior Carson Bridges and for the Lady Cats Sable Erdmier. Athletic Trainers MVP’s were seniors Jacquelyn Bocanegra and Brianna Hernandez. Wildcat Head Athletic Trainer Tammy Carrell introduced all her trainers and Wildcats and Lady Cats Powerlifting Coach Casey Jeter introduced his boys and girls’ powerlifters. Girls powerlifting is new to Sulphur Springs High School this year. Wildcats Head Football Coach Greg Owens, Offensive Coordinator Matt Young, Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra and all of the Wildcats offensive and defensive assistant coaches talked at length and introduced players in their position groups. The Wildcats videotapers were also recognized. There is no longer just one large athletic banquet. Individual teams are having their own banquets this year.
- Parents Invited Aug. 3 To Meet New Como-Pickton Elementary & Jr. High Principals
- SSHS Device Pick Up Schedule, Freshman Orientation, Senior Credit Review Dates Set
- Sulphur Springs Man Allegedly Choked His Girlfriend Twice
- Active COVID-19 Case Count In Hopkins County On The Rise
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle