After the Wildcats’ baseball team stranded a runner at third base in the top of the eighth inning, Greenville got a clutch single in the bottom of the eighth to score the winning run in a wild, 10-9 game at Greenville Tuesday night (April 9). The Lions’ Brayden Hudspeth drove home the winning run capping a 4 for 5 performance at the plate. The Lions also trailed 9-5 going into the bottom of the seventh but scored four runs to extend the game. Several umpires’ calls did not go the Wildcats way in the bottom of the seventh and Sulphur Springs’ fans expressed their displeasure. A Wildcat player was tossed out by the field umpire and a fan was removed from the stands by the home plate umpire. Jake Davis took the loss in relief pitching 4 2/3 innings allowing eight hits and seven runs with only 3 earned, with five strikeouts and three walks. Greenville’s Landon Koger got the win. Both teams had 12 hits. The Wildcats had six errors and the Lions had three. The Wildcats’ Austin Dodd had a great game at the plate just missing a cycle. He was 5 for 5 with four RBIs. Dodd’s double in the first drove in two runs. He singled in the third, tripled in the fourth and singled in the sixth and eighth. Jaxon Chaney was 3 for 5 with 2 runs scored, two doubles and two RBIs. Jase Thompson was 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored. Kaden Argenbright was 1 for 4 with two runs scored and an RBI. Kamren Harrison was 1 for 4 with a run scored. Kolson Hale scored two runs and Davis scored a run. Will Sims started for the Wildcats and went three innings allowing four hits and three runs with two strikeouts. The Wildcats slip to 2-8 in district play and they are 10-10 for the season. The Wildcats have lost seven straight games including six straight district games. The Wildcats play Greenville a third and final time in district this season Friday night at Wildcat Park. In the first two meetings, each team has a win.
- Wildcats Team Tennis Wraps Up District Play With 18-1 Win at Marshall, Playoffs Next
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day
- TxDOT Urges Drivers to ‘End The Streak’ of Daily Deaths on Texas Roads as 20TH Anniversary Approaches