A 2007 Lincoln was pulled over in Sulphur Springs. The occupants of the vehicle appeared nervous and Special Crimes Unit officers were granted consent to search the vehicle. Upon searching the passenger side of the vehicle, investigators noticed a pouch with a syringe sticking out of the pouch. Upon further inspection, a red/clear bag of a crystal substance was discovered. The substance, believed to be methamphetamine, was later weighed in at 0.9 grams, and the passenger was charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance, Penalty Group 1 < 1 gram, in a Drug-Free Zone. Christopher Lloyd Degen, age 37, was booked into the Hopkins County jail, and bond was set at $10,000.
- Winnsboro Police Department Report for June 10-16, 2019
- Sulphur Springs Man Arrested Following Disturbance Complaint
- Truck, Train Collide North of I-30 At County Road 4719 Railroad Crossing
- Tradin’ Post for Tuesday, June 18th, 2019
- VBS at Shannon Oaks For Families, July 15-18
- Felony Warrant Served, Man Arrested At Rural Residence
- Walk Like MADD and Test Drive a Chevy
- Complaint Of Naked Man In Car Results In Arrest
- I-30 Traffic Stop In Cumby Yields Methamphetamine, Marijuana Pipe, 2 Arrests
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 17, 2019
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!