The new “text to 911” service available in Hopkins County proved to be beneficial to descalate a situation over the weekend. Hopkins County deputies responded to information about a man that was trying to harm himself at a residence on Hwy 69S. Upon arriving at the scene and talking with the man’s girlfriend, officers noticed visible marks on the woman’s neck from the boyfriend attempting to grabbing her and dragging her off the bed. The suspect, Jovanni Vargas had locked himself in the bathroom and had indicated that he may harm himself. As officers attempted to gain entry into the bathroom, they heard glass breaking as Vargas was attempting to exit through an outside window. Jovanni Vargas, age 25, cut himself as he exited the window and was quickly taken to the ground and handcuffed. He was arrested and transported by local EMS to be treated for a laceration on his arm. He was later booked into the Hopkins County Jail for Assault Family Violence (impeding breathing), Resisting Arrest, and Evading Arrest. He remains in the Hopkins Count Jail with a total bond of $107,000.
- Section Of Whitworth Street Closed Monday Afternoon
- CR 1170 Traffic Stop Results In Arrest
- John Henry Griffith
- Grant helps provide crisis counseling services to East Texas 12 County area amid COVID -19 pandemic
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused Of Firing Gun During Road Rage Incident
- CR 4725 Suspicious Vehicle Report Resulted In Controlled Substance Arrest
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!