CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
MARCH 5, 2019
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Texas History Month
3. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
5. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2740 for annexation of Area 1, Pioneer Business Park and adjacent properties.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2741 for annexation of Area 2, Heritage Business Park and adjacent properties.
7. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1166 approving a proposal by TBK Materials, LLC, to convert solid waste concrete into recycled millings by crushing to be used in street and infrastructure development, making findings support thereof, and authorizing the execution of same by City Manager.
8. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2742, a budget amendment for Ordinance No. 2727, the 2018 – 2019 Annual Budget Ordinance.
9. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Cement Treatment of Subgrade for Sunset Street CDBG grant project.
10 Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of February 5, 2019; the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of November 20, 2018; the Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of January 22, 2019; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of January 28, 2019.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).