CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
2. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
3. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
4. Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
5. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2726, an ordinance amending the budget for FY 2018.
6. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2727, the appropriations ordinance for the City of Sulphur Springs for FY 2018-19.
7. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2729 setting the water rate for the City of Sulphur Springs.
8. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2730 setting the sewer rate for the City of Sulphur Springs.
9. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2731 setting the sanitation rate for the City of Sulphur Springs.
10. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2732 authorization of Update Service Credits.
11. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2733 on a request by Harold and Karen Marts to rezone property located at 1332 S. Hillcrest from Single Family (SF) to Light Commercial (LC).
12. Discussion/action on the first reading of Ordinance No. 2734 on a request by Burt LL, LLC, Pat Chase and Carrie Nuckolls to rezone property located at 435 Connally Street, from Single Family (SF) to Single Family Attached (SFA).
13. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1153 approving a negotiated settlement between Atmos Cities Steering Committee (ACSC) and Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division regarding the company’s 2018 rate review mechanism filings; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement; finding the rates to be set by the attached settlement tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; approving an attached exhibit establishing a benchmark for pensions and retiree medical benefits; approving an attached exhibit regarding amortization of regulatory liability; requiring the company to reimburse ACSC’s reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this resolution was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; adopting a savings clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this resolution to the company and legal counsel.
14. Discussion/action on an amendment to the Capital Improvement Plan for 2019 – 2023 for drainage issues at Pacific Park.
15. Discussion/action on appointments to the Charter Review Committee.
16. Discussion/action on approval of the budget for the Sulphur Springs/Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation.
17. Visitors and public forum.