City Manager Marc Maxwell made his monthly report to the Sulphur Springs City Council Tuesday night, December 6th. In his report:
BILL BRADFORD ROAD – Concrete street and curb & gutter improvements are underway on Bill Bradford Road. 5W Contracting has poured concrete from Gilmer Street nearly to Elm Street. All utility work is complete. Later on tonight’s agenda is an item to approve concrete for the last 1,000 feet of the project.
DAVIS/TOMLINSON PARKING LOT – The parking lot is finished with the exception of irrigation and turf installation which will occur sometime this month.
LOCUST STREET – The Capital Construction Division has replaced the sewer main from the KCS railroad tracks to Bellview Street. We recently hired a contractor to bore under the railroad for water and sewer improvements. We are about to begin water improvements. Atmos is currently replacing the gas main.
CLAIMS – We had two minor worker’s compensation claims in November. We had one significant liability claim arising from an auto accident involving the police department. We also had one smaller claim from a driver who struck a utility cut.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Total suspended solids (TSS) came in at 2.31mg/L, well within the limit of 15 mg/L.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES – Finance Director Peter Karstens will present a year-to-date summary of revenues and expenditures.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
- Sold 1,187 gallons of AvGas and 6,990 Gallons of JetA fuel.
- Responded to 111 fire/rescue calls including 4 structure fires.
- Performed preventative maintenance on 90 fire hydrants.
- Replaced 14 street signs.
- Mowed around Coleman Lake.
- Removes trees from Coleman Lake dam.
- Shredded around Peavine Pinion Pond.
- Patched 349 potholes.
- Mowed/shredded the airport.
- Made street repairs following 16 utility repairs.
- Decorated downtown for the Christmas season.
- Responded to 159 Animal Control calls, achieving a 46% adoption rate.
- Made 74 arrests, recorded 64 offences, wrote 632 traffic citations, and responded to 32 accidents.
- Checked out 2,510 items from the library.
- Began remodeling the dispatch office.
- Repaired 20 water main ruptures.
- Replaced 16 water meters.
- Unstopped 12 sewer mains.
- Repaired 9 sewer mains.
- Washed 80,000 linear feet of sewer mains.
- Flushed 36 dead end water mains.
- Treated 126 million gallons of potable water.