Smiley face

Early Voting Location Set; Mitigation Grant Set to Improve Certain County Roads;

Early voting for the November General Election will take place in the Justice of the Peace Precinct 2 Courtroom in the Tax Office/JP Offices building on Jefferson Street. This will be the permanent location of early voting. The decision was finalized Monday morning during Hopkins County Commissioner’s Court regular session.

During regular session, the county will also enter an interlocal agreement with the City of Frisco to enable a reasonable price for equipment and uniforms for Fire Fighters in the Hopkins County. County Fire Chief Andy Endsley said the City of Frisco kindly agreed to the piggyback opportunity. He is seeking other cost saving opportunities for his department and the county.

A mitigation grant was accepted that will alleviate flooding on Precinct 1 County Roads 1104 and 1174. Those roadways will be raised three (3) feet and larger culverts will be installed. Funding from this grant will provide 75% of the cost and the county will provide the remaining 25%, much of which will be labor and equipment use. The grant is separate and apart from the FEMA Grants that will aid in roadway repair due to flooding. The FEMA approved grants opened the door to the mitigation grant. Another mitigation grant will be sought to improve Pipeline Road in Precinct 3 and County Roads 1186, 1178, 1180 in Precinct 1.  Precinct 1 Commissioner Beth Wisenbaker said she is working with Commissioner elect Mickie Barker to assure the projects are completed in Precinct 1 after she leaves office at the first of year.  Those roadways will also be raised three (3) feet and larger culverts will be installed.  This grant will also provide 75% of the cost of the rework with the county adding the additional 25% through labor and equipment use.

The Annual Road Report and Grand Jury Annual Reports were postponed until next regular session.

hopkins county courthouse

Author: Staff Reporter

Share This Post On