24-year old Rene Herrera of Sulphur Springs received 10 years deferred sentence in a plea-bargain agreement made Thursday in Hopkins County’s Eighth Judicial District Court. Herrera had been charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child which was reduced to Indecency with a Child by Contact as a part of the plea bargain. As a result of the plea, he will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of his life.
- Hicks Column: Restaurant Leftover Safety Tips and Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador
- Chamber Connection – July 28
- Texas’ First Case Of West Nile Virus This Year Reported in Dallas County
- Hopkins County Constables’ Fees To Increase in 2022
- 9 SSHS Students On Their Way To Earning Firefighter Certification
- TxDOT Names Brian Barth as Deputy Executive Director for Program Delivery