24-year old Rene Herrera of Sulphur Springs received 10 years deferred sentence in a plea-bargain agreement made Thursday in Hopkins County’s Eighth Judicial District Court. Herrera had been charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child which was reduced to Indecency with a Child by Contact as a part of the plea bargain. As a result of the plea, he will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of his life.
- The Lady Cats Softball Team Wins an Unusual Game at Marshall Friday Evening
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of April 19, 2021
- 2 Jailed Friday On Probation Warrants
- Wildcats Baseball Team Tumbles Into Fifth Place in District After Lopsided Loss at Marshall Friday
- Hopkins County Records April 16, 2021
- 34 Indictments Signed During April 2021 Grand Jury Session