A fundraiser 5K and 10K Run is planned for Saturday March 5 to benefit Sulphur Springs Paint the Town Work Camp. The run will begin at 8am from Buford Park. Walkers, strollers and joggers are also welcome! Money is being raised for the expenses of Sulphur Springs Work Camp, a youth volunteer event that paints houses for elderly and others in the community. During the past 10 years, 162 homes have been painted and freshened at no cost to the homeowner. Expenses include housing and food for the volunteers, paint and supplies and more during the annual week of work planned for later this Spring. If you wish to donate to the cause, go to Paint the Town 5 and 10K Facebook Page. Or you can drop by Buford Park ton Saturday and drop off a check in any amount. All donations are appreciated. Jennifer Philo, secretary at First United Methodist Church in Sulphur Springs, has been on the Leadership Committee of SS Work Camp since it’s start 10 years ago, and invites everyone’s support of the worthy cause.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- 27th COVID-19 Fatality Reported On Oct. 24 For Hopkins County
- Hohenberger, Brantley, Juarez Receive Top Hopkins County Stew Contest Awards
- Early Morning Disturbance Complaint Results In 2 Intoxication Arrests
- Heroin, Pills, Marijuana Found During Warrant Arrest
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of October 26, 2020
- Tire Town’s Mike Gilmer Featured in Radio Ink Magazine As Longtime Local Radio Advertiser on KSST