Despite light drizzle Friday morning, some in the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department were doing some moving from the old jail to the new County Jail facility. Some old desks, chairs and filing cabinets were being moved. New furniture has been ordered but has yet to arrive. Tuesday December 1 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom has scheduled an open house for the new County Jail and the public is invited to attend. There will be tours of the new facility. A brief program will take place at around 5:30 p.m. Speakers will include former County Judge Chris Brown, Judge Newsom and others. By the end of next week, after the arrival of mattresses for cells and installation of a phone visitation system for inmates, inmates should be transferred from the old jail into the new facility.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events