August was another sub-par month for rainfall in Sulphur Springs, the third straight month in a row. Average August rainfall is 2.35 inches and Sulphur Springs got 1.12 inches of rain last month. Still the city rainfall total remains 5.10 inches above normal due to the very wet first five months of the year. Average rainfall for the first eight months of the year is 29.90 inches and the city has received 35 inches of rain this year.
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding