An additional charge has been filed against Tilton Joshua Isaiah Mapps based on a complaint from the 8th Judicial District Attorney’s office. Added to the murder charge is a tampering with evidence with intent to injure. Mapps admitted to throwing into an unspecified body of water the weapon used in the Pacific Park murder of Johnathan Young. The U S Marshal’s office is also processing a charge of crossing state lines to flee arrest against Mapps. SSPD Criminal Investigator David Gilmore said one of the key pieces of evidence in a homicide is the murder weapon. Gilmore said Mapps was very vague regarding what body of water the weapon was thrown. Tampering with evidence is a felony 3 carrying 2-10 years in a state penitentiary. Gilmore said the Marshal Service is following the chain of command in processing their charges against Mapps. The federal charges would be field in federal court in the Eastern District of Texas. Charges are being considered against others who assisted Mapps in evading arrest.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- 5 Booked Into Hopkins County Jail On Controlled Substance Charges
- Obituary — Patricia Sparkman Plunkett
- Hopkins County United Way 2022-2023 Campaign Off To Great Start
- Pursuit Of Stolen Vehicle Spans 2 Counties Concludes With Collision
- Friends of the Rains County Public Library BOOK SALE
- Volleyball Hits the Road Again Friday To End First Half of District Play