An additional charge has been filed against Tilton Joshua Isaiah Mapps based on a complaint from the 8th Judicial District Attorney’s office. Added to the murder charge is a tampering with evidence with intent to injure. Mapps admitted to throwing into an unspecified body of water the weapon used in the Pacific Park murder of Johnathan Young. The U S Marshal’s office is also processing a charge of crossing state lines to flee arrest against Mapps. SSPD Criminal Investigator David Gilmore said one of the key pieces of evidence in a homicide is the murder weapon. Gilmore said Mapps was very vague regarding what body of water the weapon was thrown. Tampering with evidence is a felony 3 carrying 2-10 years in a state penitentiary. Gilmore said the Marshal Service is following the chain of command in processing their charges against Mapps. The federal charges would be field in federal court in the Eastern District of Texas. Charges are being considered against others who assisted Mapps in evading arrest.
- Deputies Arrested Three People On Possession Charges Following Traffic Stops
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of March 1, 2021
- Tira City Council Meeting Rescheduled
- Heifer Show at 2021 HC Junior Market Livestock Show
- From the 2021 Steer Show at H C Junior Market Livestock Show
- HC Junior Market Livestock Show 2021, Swine Division