A 44-year old Burleson man was arrested in a Sulphur Springs lounge Tuesday night after a disturbance. The man is accused of hitting the bartender and owner in the face with a pool cue. Police officers responded to a report of a fight in progress at the lounge located in the 300 block of East Industrial Drive shortly after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Three men were said to be involved. A second person, a 32-year old Burleson man, was arrested for public intoxication in the lounge parking lot. A third man fled the scene before officers arrived. David Wayne Thomas was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and with public intoxication before Justice of the Peace B.J. Teer who set bond at $20,000.
- Hopkins County Oct. 26 COVID-19 Update: 11 Recoveries, 8 New Cases
- Road Materials Bids, Equipment Purchase Approved By Hopkins County Commissioners Court
- Tony Glasscock
- One Sports Event Postponed, One Takes Place On This Rainy Game Day Monday, Oct. 26
- Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner On Coach’s Show After Friday Win At Mount Pleasant
- Winnsboro Man Accused Of Assaulting Wife For Throwing His Beer Out