A 44-year old Burleson man was arrested in a Sulphur Springs lounge Tuesday night after a disturbance. The man is accused of hitting the bartender and owner in the face with a pool cue. Police officers responded to a report of a fight in progress at the lounge located in the 300 block of East Industrial Drive shortly after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Three men were said to be involved. A second person, a 32-year old Burleson man, was arrested for public intoxication in the lounge parking lot. A third man fled the scene before officers arrived. David Wayne Thomas was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and with public intoxication before Justice of the Peace B.J. Teer who set bond at $20,000.
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital: News Release September 28, 2021
- Cornhole Tourney with Cash Prize
- With 958 Texas Deaths in 2020, Local MADD Event Rounds Up Support for Mothers Against Drunk (and Drugged) Driving Campaign
- Lady Cats Volleyball, Wildcats Team Tennis in Hallsville For Game Day Tuesday
- Celebrating National 4-H Week With Project Show, Paper Clover Campaign, Food Drive, Other Activities
- Chamber Connection – Final Call For Stew Cooks To Get Registration Forms In For Stew Contest