April 19, 2023- Dan Froneberger gave a maintenance report to the SSISD board of trustees on Monday April 10th detailing some of the several things that had been completed. Some of these completed items were:
- Knee rail added to teacher parking lot in order to keep livestock off of property during rodeos at Civic Center
- New perimeters built at Douglass ECLC
- New push bar door added to previously built tunnel entrance at high school
- New safety system is up and running at SSES
- Limb damage cleaned up on Houston Street lot
- Replaced 640 air filters on campuses during the month of March
Lyndsay Anderson, Special Services Director for the district, reported on the need for additional funds for the program based on the growing number of students in the Special Education program. It is estimated that 6 new positions need to be created in order to meet the needs of the SSISD students.
Jeremy Lopez gave an elementary campus report.
- Bilingual Teachers – working on planning for Gomez and Gomez
- Reading Teachers – studying models of different reading curriculums in order to choose one for next year
- Numerous upcoming events at all campuses
Justin Cowart gave a secondary campus report.
- SSMS DI Teams – 3 went to State and one will go to Globals
- National Junior Honor Society – 140 students will be inducted this week
- SSHS Academic UIL – District Champs
- SSHS One Act Play – Regional Alternates
- Wildcats and Ladycats Golf Teams – District Champs
- Wildcat Soccer – Bi-District Champs
- Ladycat Soccer – Area Champs
- Blue Blazes – First place in competition along with numerous other awards
- Softball – 7-0 in district currently
- Baseball – fighting for playoff spot