March 1, 2023- Since January 1st of this year, the City Of Sulphur Springs has approved roughly 20 million dollars worth of construction and renovations through building permits filed with the city. The total revenue of building permits received in the city coffers totaled almost $40,000 for that time period.
Notable projects filing for permits include:
- The recently approved CEFCO Travel Center near the intersection of I-30 and SH-19. Total construction cost of that project is estimated at $7.5 million.
- A Commercial building near Hillcrest Drive South, with the total cost being $2 million dollars.
- A Multi-Family residential unit is also to be built near Craig Street, the cost totaling roughly over $2.89 million dollars.
- The new senior citizen’s center building on Oak Avenue has begun with a proposed value of $4.575 million dollars.
- A permit has been issued for the Pacific Park Baseball pavillion at $730,000.
- Several new homes are under construction on Marianne Circle with values of approx $240,000 each.