Volunteers prepare meals at the Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center and deliver them five days a week to Meal A Day program recipients in Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County. The Meal A Day Menu for the remainder of the week of October 17-21 2022 includes:
- Monday, Oct. 17 — Cajun Chicken Rice Casserole, Black Beans and Pickled Beets.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 — Chili-Ghetti, Peas and Carrots, and a Roll.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 — Corny Dogs, Chips and Baked Beans.
- Thursday, Oct. 20 — Hopkins County Stew, Cheese Cubes and Crackers.
- Friday, Oct. 21 — Sliced Ham, Macaroni & Cheese, Broccoli and a Roll.
Meal-A-Day is a non-profit organization providing 150-160 meals Monday-Friday to local senior citizens. Approximately 120 meals each day are delivered by volunteer drivers to seniors on 5 separate routes in Sulphur Springs and 1 route covering the Como-Pickton area stretching from State Highway 11 to Interstate 30. The remaining meals are available for reservation and pick-up at the Sulphur Springs Senior Center for those seniors who have transportation. Seniors currently pay $2 per meal. Call 903-885-1661 for more information about the Meal-A-Day Program, including how to volunteer as a cook or meal delivery driver.
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is located in the heart of Sulphur Springs, Texas. The City of Sulphur Springs has provided a place senior adults age 50 and over can go to for fun and fellowship. The Center offers a variety of activities for seniors citizens Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Several senior citizens clubs also meet in the evenings and on weekends at the SCC.