A routine traffic stop on Wildcat Way resulted in location of cache of contraband containing marijuana, Ecstasy, THC, crack cocaine and psychedelic mushrooms.
Hopkins County Sheriff’s Deputy Isaac Foley reported stopping a silver Chevrolet Silverado at 12:36 a.m. May 11, 2022, for traveling 66 mile per hour in the 50 mph speed zone on Wildcat Way, just west of South Broadway Street. Upon contact with the driver, identified in arrest reports as Melissa Lynn Michelson, Foley detected what smelled to him to be a strong marijuana odor, the deputy noted in arrest reports.
HCSO Sgt. Tanner Steward arrived shortly thereafter to assist. Deputies reported finding 19 bags of suspected marijuana, multicolored pills which tested positive for MDMA or ecstasy as the substance is more commonly known, a bag with a white powdery substance which field-tested positive for crack cocaine, THC gummies and psychedelic mushrooms during a probable cause search of the pickup. Including packaging for each, the suspected marijuana weighed 11.42 ounces, MDMA 2.654 grams, the crack cocaine 1.853 grams, the gummies 0.6 gram and the psychedelic shrooms weighed about 7 grams.
Consequently, the 51-year-old Round Rock woman was taken into custody at 12:56 a.m. Wednesday, May 11, 2022. and transported to the county jail. Michelson was booked in at 5:20 a.m. Wednesday on five charges:
- possession of 4 grams or more but less than 400 grams of a Penalty Group 2 controlled substance,
- possession of 1 gram or more but less than 4 grams of a Penalty Group 2 controlled substance,
- possession of 1 gram or more but less than 4 grams of a Penalty Group 1/1-B controlled substance,
- possession of less than 1 gram of a Penalty Group 2 controlled substance, and
- possession of 4 ounces or more but less than 5 pounds of marijuana.
Michelson was released from Hopkins County jail later Wednesday on $65,000 in bonds:
- $35,000 bond for having 4-400 grams of the Penalty Group 2 controlled substance,
- $10,000 bond each on the 1-4 grams of Penalty Group 2 charge and less than 1 gram charge, and
- $5,000 bond each on the marijuana and other Penalty Group 2 charge, according to arrest reports.