Net Health To Offer Pediatric and Adult COVID Vaccines March 7-11 At MMU Tents Behind Hospital
By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
Sulphur Springs, Texas, March 4, 2022 – In honor of American Heart Month in February, the Cardiopulmonary Rehab team led by Anita Beasley and Britney Caldwell held a 5-Mile Challenge! We are super proud to announce the names of our participants who successfully completed the challenge.
Congratulations to Peggy Roberts, Robert Horne, Michael McMackin, David Poe, Marlon Weir, Roger Amerson, Terry McCullough, Patricia Deis, Laura Diehl, Carlton Sewell, and James Edwards. Each person received a goody bag of CHRISTUS hospital prizes.
If you are looking for an alternative option for lunch, we welcome you to come in and try our new soup/ salad bar in the hospital cafeteria. Served fresh daily! The hospital cafeteria is located in the basement, and is easily located by entering the main entrance and then taking the main elevator down.
Local Fitness Court – Grand Opening
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs is a proud supporter of the new local Outdoor Fitness Court located in Pacific Park. Please join us for a ribbon cutting and demonstration on Friday, March 11, at approximately 10 a.m. More information to follow – stay tuned!
Community Health Day
In partnership with CHRISTUS Health, Columbia Lodge #81 invites you to attend an event aimed to build a community that is more secure, productive, healthy, and hopeful. We will have local experts speaking on a variety of health-related topics that will educate and empower community members to take charge of their own health and well-being.
The event will be held Saturday, March 12, 2022, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HW Grays Building at Pacific Park, 413 Beckham Street in Sulphur Springs. This event is free to anyone, and everyone is welcome.
For more information, contact Bryan Vaughn at [email protected].
Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation Lights of Life Gala 2022
The Lights of Life Gala is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2022 from 6 p.m. – 12 midnight at the Civic Center. This year’s theme “Under the Big Top” reflects our desire for some fun and frivolity after a long season of hardship. The gala promises to be another dazzling evening of fine dining, dancing and bidding on amazing live and silent auction items. This year’s Lights of Life Gala chairs are fourth generation Hopkins County natives, sisters Markeda Fisher and Kayla Price Mitchell.
Shannon Barker, Foundation Executive Director shared “I am thrilled to be working with Markeda and Kayla. When they arrived as the bearded ladies to reveal the theme, Under the Big Top, I knew we were in good hands! They keep everyone laughing, but also have the experience and relationships to ensure a successful event. Their impressive history and dedication to Hopkins County is evidenced by their past and present community involvement. We are thankful they feel the Healthcare Foundation is a worthy cause to invest their efforts in.”
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please call the Foundation office at 903-438-4799.
Carter BloodCare bus will park in the hospital’s front parking lot collecting local blood donations on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. As a thank you, all donors will receive a stainless steel water bottle while supplies last.
To schedule an appointment to donate blood, contact Patricia Wilson at 903.438.4380 or call/text 800.366.2834.
**UPDATED – COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will no longer offer the COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning.
However, beginning the week of March 7-11 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily, Net Health will be back offering Pediatric and Adult COVID vaccines. This vaccine clinic is located at the MMU tents behind the hospital. No appointment is necessary. Subsequently, Net Health will continue to come every four weeks until September to provide COVID vaccines.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- An adult must accompany minor-age visitors, be free of symptoms, and able to comply with masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person for the duration of hospital stay. Essential support person will be given a visible wristband for identification purposes;
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only;
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time)
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long- term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital