Born 10/12/1926 in Colfax, LA, to Nat and Eula Fletcher. She married W.L. Newton and they raised 2 sons (Ron and Travis). She and W.L. traveled the Lower 48, Alaska and Canada. She lived 40+ years in Louisiana; 50 years in Texas; and three years in Baton Rouge, LA. Margie was a member of First Baptist Church in Sulphur Springs. Before dawn, Saturday, 1/22/2022, Margie died peacefully on her couch at home. She was preceded in death by parents, husband, and their son Travis. Survived by son Ron (Susie); daughters-in-law Marcella and Susan Newton; grandchildren Jeremy Newton (Amy), Sharon Delamar (Corey), Christi VanGundy (David) and John Newton; great-grandchildren Devin Newton (Heidi), Jewel Slay, Sidney Slay (Augustine Posada), Kaitlyn Newton, Remington Newton, Madelynn VanGundy, Mae Delamar; and one great-great grandchild Connor Mancil. A memorial service for family will be held at a future date. To view and sign the online guestbook, please visit www.rabenhorst.com In the care of Rabenhorst Funeral Home and Crematory.
- 2 Men Caught Trying To Withdraw Thousands From Someone Else’s Account At Local Bank
- Methamphetamine And Hallucinogenic Mushrooms Found During Cumby Traffic Stop
- SSISD Trustees Amend Code Of Conduct Regarding DAEP Placement For Seniors
- Unemployment In Hopkins County Declines To Pre-COVID Rate In April
- Trading Post for May 20th, 2022
- Sulphur Springs FFA Chapter Recognizes Members’ Achievements