By Holly Ragan, MS, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs was awarded an ‘A’ in the fall 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs’ achievements protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care. This is the hospital’s fifth consecutive ‘A’ safety grade.
Carter BloodCare Blood Drive: The current blood shortage is the severely low
Carter BloodCare is hosting a blood drive in the CBC bus at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs in the front parking lot on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call or text (800) 366-2834 or visit their website at www.carterbloodcare.org. As a thank you, donors will receive a long-sleeved shirt.
Flu Shots: Do not Delay, Get Yours Today
Flu shots are available at CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic, 105 Medical Plaza. We welcome walk-ins or by appointment; to schedule call 903.885.3181.
Thank you for your patience
With a spike in COVID-19 cases in Hopkins County, please expect “longer than usual” wait times in the Emergency Department. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to provide high quality care in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for allowing us to provide for your healthcare needs, while extending grace to our staff.
COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs offers a COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the main lobby of the hospital until further notice. The available vaccines include Moderna (2-doses, ages 18 and older) and Pfizer (2-doses, ages 12 and older) and Johnson & Johnson (1-dose, ages 18 and older). *** This includes all three brands of boosters for fully vaccinated people. Appointments not required, but parent/guardian must accompany anyone 17 and younger.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- Minor-age visitors must be accompanied by an adult, be free of symptoms and able to comply with masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open.
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person for the duration of hospital stay – Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band for identification purposes;
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only;
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time)
- Types of Visitors:
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Urgent Care – Sulphur Springs
**PLEASE NOTE – due to limited staffing, the Urgent Care may be forced to change its hours without notice… We recommend calling prior to your arrival to check the status of availability. We apologize for the inconvenience.**
The CHRISTUS Urgent Care Hours of Operation is as follows:
- In-Person Care Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. -5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, Closed
- Virtual Visit Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- To schedule a virtual visit, please visit urgentcare.christushealth.org, then select your location and click “Virtual Visit.”
The Urgent Care is located at 1339 South Broadway St., and the phone number to call is 903.951.1001.
Did you know we can take care of almost all of your medical specialty needs right here in Sulphur Springs? Just one of many is our Urologist Dr. Loren Ost, and his Nurse Practitioner Leah Irving. Dr. Ost and Leah see patients who have concerns of the urinary system in both male and females, as well as the reproductive organs of the male. They are located at 113 Airport Road, Suite 300, and may be reached by calling 903.885.1770.
Dermatology & Skin Cancer Surgery Center is now practicing in Sulphur Springs and accepting patients under the care of Roxanne Swafford, FNP. She is seeing patients at 1228 Church St., Suite D. To schedule your appointment, call 903.689.7272. You may also schedule online at www.mdbarrows.com.
# # #
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital