CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs has ONE mission: To Extend the Health Ministry of Jesus Christ.
By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
August is National Breastfeeding Awareness Month
According to the CDC, breastfeeding has health benefits for both babies and mothers. Breast milk provides a baby with ideal nutrition and supports growth and development. Here are 5 great benefits of breastfeeding:
- Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for most babies: as the baby grows, the mother’s breast milk will change to meet her baby’s nutritional needs.
- Breastfeeding can help protect babies against some short- and long-term illnesses and diseases: breastfed babies have a lower risk of asthma, obesity, type I diabetes and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). They are also less likely to have ear infections and stomach bugs.
- Breast milk shares antibodies from the mother with her baby.
- Mothers can breastfeed anytime and anywhere.
- Breastfeeding can reduce the mother’s risk of breast and ovarian cancer, type II diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Would you like to learn more about breastfeeding your baby? Our hospital has a lactation consultant at your service for assistance, and we offer a FREE virtual breastfeeding class every month. Call 903.439.4091 for more information, or to sign up for a class.
Thank you for your patience!
Due to a sharp increase in Emergency Room visits as a result of the spike in COVID-19, please expect longer wait times than normal. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to provide high quality care in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for allowing us to provide for your healthcare needs, while extending grace to our staff.
COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will host a COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the main lobby of the hospital until further notice. The available vaccines include Moderna (2-doses, ages 18 and older), Pfizer (2-doses, ages 12 and older) and Johnson & Johnson (1-dose, ages 18 and older), Appointments not required, but parent/guardian must accompany anyone 17 and younger.
Carter BloodCare Blood Drive
The Carter BloodCare Bus will be parked in the front parking lot of our hospital in Sulphur Springs on Wednesday, August 18, 2021, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Our local blood supply is at an all-time low creating a serious supply issue.
To sign up to give blood, or for questions, please call Yeon Mi Kim at 903.438.4380 or call/text Carter BloodCare at 800.366.2834. All donors will receive a free t-shirt.
FREE Saturday Athletic Injury Clinic for student athletes of all ages is here! Saturday sports clinic will be held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., on August 21 through November 13. Athletes will get an exam and free x-ray to determine a plan of care to treat their injury. The location will be the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Orthopedic Office at 103B Medical Circle in Sulphur Springs.
For more information about our Sports Medicine program, or Orthopedic services, please call our office at 903.885.6688.
Please help us preserve our masks for our healthcare providers, and BRING YOUR OWN MASK
With COVID cases rapidly increasing in our community, the hospital requires all visitors to wear a mask while in the facility. There is no entry into the hospital without a mask. Visitors may wear a cloth or medical mask. Thank you for your continued support of the safety of our patients and associates.
Hospital Bed Availability
While some hospitals are on divert due to a “critical COVID surge,” CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital continues to serve patients, and has available hospital beds, both for COVID and non-COVID diagnoses.
Please note the following guidelines for hospital visitation:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only.
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person at a time – Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band
- COVID unit visitor must remain the same throughout stay
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only
- All other patients may have 1 essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time).
Outpatient Psychiatry Service Changes
Access Physicians Multispecialty Clinic of Sulphur Springs will no longer offer psychiatry services, effective September 1, 2021.
Psychiatry services will be available locally through Forefront Rush Medical Services, P.C. (“Forefront”).
Forefront’s services will be available at 105 Medical Plaza, Sulphur Springs at CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. Any patient desiring to be seen by Forefront will need a referral from a provider practicing at CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic – Sulphur Springs. You may contact CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic at (903) 885-3181 about obtaining a referral.
We recommend that you find another specialist to take care of your psychiatric medical needs. If you do not know another specialist, you may contact the Texas Medical Board for resources.
If you wish to obtain copies of your medical records, please come by our office and complete a “Medical Records Release Form” to have your records released to you or to have your records sent to another provider. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12 to 1 p.m.). Please call ahead at 903-919-5034.
Hours of Operation
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Urgent Care – Sulphur Springs
The CHRISTUS Urgent Care hours of operation are as follows:
- In-Person Care Hours: Monday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Tuesday, closed; Wednesday-Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, closed.
- Virtual Visit Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Urgent Care is located at 1339 South Broadway St., and the phone number to call is 903.951.1001.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs; the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler; CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital, a partner of Encompass Health; Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility; and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic.
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties.
For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital