Senator Bob Hall last week began hosting a series of public town hall meetings throughout Senate District 2 to recap the 87th Legislative Session and to answer constituent questions. Hall is slated to hold a town hall meeting in Sulphur Springs from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, June 10, at Hopkins County Hopkins County Courthouse, 118 Church St.
The public is cordially invited to listen to the Senator and tell him of their concerns and dreams for the future of Texas.
According to an announcement about the town hall session, the event is not hosted by the local Republican Party. In fact, Republicans, Democrats and independents in Senate District 2 – which includes Delta, Fannin, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Rains, Rockwall, Van Zandt and parts of Dallas counties – are all invited to attend so he can discus issues that concern them.
This will be a town hall format, and anyone may discuss issues with Hall. However, any attempts to try to disrupt the free exchange of ideals will not be tolerated, according to the announcement.
Hall serves as vice-chair of the Veteran Affairs & Border Security Committee and also serves on the Education, Health & Human Services, Local Government, State Affairs and Constitutional Issues, Special Committees.
Town Hall Schedule
The full list of Senator Hall’s upcoming Town Hall meetings is as follows:
- Monday, June 7
- 6-8p.m. – Kaufman County, Kaufman Civic Center, 607 East Fair St., Kaufman, TX 75142
- Thursday, June 10
- 6-8 p.m. – Hopkins County Courthouse, 118 Church St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
- Saturday, June 12
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Hunt County, The Texan, 2712 Lee St., Greenville, TX 75401
- 2 p.m.-4 p.m. – Delta County Community Center, 221 East Bonham Ave., Cooper TX 75432
- Tuesday, June 15
- 6-8 p.m. – Fannin County, Bonham City Hall, 514 Chestnut St., Bonham, TX 75418
- Saturday, June 19
- 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Dallas County, South Garland Library, 4845 Broadway Blvd., Garland, TX 75043