Sulphur Springs native Triston Abron has been hired as head football coach and athletic director at Pittsburg. The Pittsburg School Board approved the hiring of Coach Abron at a special meeting Thursday (March 25). Coach Abron comes to Pittsburg after one season at Mexia. Coach Abron’s Black Cats made the playoffs and made it into the Area round before they had to end the season due to coronavirus. Coach Abron spent two years at Paul Pewitt in Omaha before his season in Mexia. While at Paul Pewitt, the Brahmas went to the State Final Game in 2019. Coach Abron was on the Wildcats’ football staff for several seasons and served some of those years as Defensive Coordinator. After playing football and graduating from Sulphur Springs High School, Arbon played football and graduated from Louisiana College.
- Team Tennis Schedule Released by Coach Tony Martinez
- A&M-Commerce Recognized with Vetted Teacher Residency Distinction
- Paris SBDC Offering Training to Assist Restaurants, Other Businesses
- CHRISTUS Sulphur Springs Hosts COVID Vaccine Clinic Fridays in Hospital Lobby, Blood Drive Aug. 18 In Front Parking Lot
- KRVA SUMMER FUN GIVEAWAY- Part 4
- August Brings Build Up to Regular Season for Sports Teams