Sulphur Springs native Triston Abron has been hired as head football coach and athletic director at Pittsburg. The Pittsburg School Board approved the hiring of Coach Abron at a special meeting Thursday (March 25). Coach Abron comes to Pittsburg after one season at Mexia. Coach Abron’s Black Cats made the playoffs and made it into the Area round before they had to end the season due to coronavirus. Coach Abron spent two years at Paul Pewitt in Omaha before his season in Mexia. While at Paul Pewitt, the Brahmas went to the State Final Game in 2019. Coach Abron was on the Wildcats’ football staff for several seasons and served some of those years as Defensive Coordinator. After playing football and graduating from Sulphur Springs High School, Arbon played football and graduated from Louisiana College.
- Como-Pickton CISD Pre-Kindergarten And Kindergarten Parent Night Planned April 27
- CMFH-SS Hosting Another Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
- Lady Cats Golfer Mariam Tran Plays at the Two-Day Regional Golf Tournament in Rockwall
- Quitman Resident Arrested In Rains County On Hopkins County Warrants
- SSHS Literary Criticism Team Wins Regional Championship, 5 Wildcat Academic UIL Competitors Advance To State
- Wildcats Tennis Team Gets Consolation Wins at District Tennis Tourney as Future Looks Bright