Sulphur Springs High School Career & Technical Education students presented to the Rotary Club on Thursday, February, 25, a summary of their CTE organizations and their accomplishments, as part of their CTE Month celebration and awareness programs.
Speakers this year included:
- Makayla Pullen representing Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Jillian Jumper representing Family, Career, & Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Cash Vititow and Camry Atkins representing FFA
- Harley Speed and Bailey Burnet representing Future Health Professionals (BPA)
- Hallie Boykin representing SkillsUSA
- Joseline Arenas representing Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
- Rayden McCormack representing National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
February is Career and Technical Education Month, a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
To help Sulphur Springs High School celebrate CTE Month, KSST’s high school interns have compiled short videos featuring a few of the CTE programs offered at SSHS. One will be featured each week during CTE Month.
Be sure to stay tuned to KSST Radio 1230, check out www.KSSTradio.com and the KSST social media accounts to ensure you don’t miss these weekly or any other CTE features. If you missed any, be sure to the check them out at the links below:
Also, check out the nayoral proclamation of February as CTE Month in Sulphur Springs.