The Lady Cats Soccer Team won their first game of the young season Thursday (January 7) afternoon defeating Nacogdoches, 3-1 on the first day of the Kilgore Tournament at the Kilgore Varsity Stadium. Earlier in the day, the Lady Cats tied Pleasant Grove, 2-2. In that game, the Lady Cats got a first goal from senior Janine Yamaguchi assisted by Katelyn Robinson. Rebekah Stanley had an unassisted goal for the Lady Cats’ second score. Lady Cats Coach Javier Aguayo said the Lady Cats had good and bad moments adding they struggled to get things going early. He said the Lady Cats’ goals came from chances they created while the two goals allowed came from small mistakes by the Lady Cats. Later against Nac, again the Lady Cats struggled to get things going against the Lady Dragons despite plenty of chances. Coach Aguayo said he made some changes at the half with the Lady Cats taking care of business with 3 second half goals. Haylee Shultz scored the first Lady Cats’ goal assisted by Stanley and Shultz also scored the team’s second goal assisted by Robinson. Yamagucji scored the third goal on a penalty kick. The Lady Cats are 1-1-1 for the season. On Friday, the Lady Cats take on Abilene Wylie at 4:30 p.m. at the Kilgore Varsity Stadium.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Soccer Team Gets a Win and a Tie on Day One of Kilgore Tournament Thursday
- County Commissioners Approve Dump Truck, Tractor/Loader, Work Truck Purchases
- 2 Subdivision Variances, Partial Closure Of A County Road Granted By Commissioners Court
- The Access Physicians MultiSpecialty Clinic of Sulphur Springs Will Be Closing
- Getting Advise at the Education Opportunity Center at Paris Junior College
- Pesticide CEU Session Offered Nov. 3 For Private Applicators
- Grilling Like A Texan