Lady Cats Soccer Coach Javier Aguayo said he was very proud of the way his team played Thursday night (December 17) in a scrimmage win against Paris, 4-1 at Gerald Prim Stadium. He added the Lady Cats went out and took care of business. Paris is preseason ranked #8 in Region II in Class 4A. The Lady Cats scored two goals in each half. In the first half, freshman Haylee Shultz scored a goal that was assisted by sophomore Rebekah Stanley. Stanley scored the second goal on a penalty kick. The Lady Cats led 2-0 at halftime. In the second half, Paris scored first. A Paris shot from about 40 yards out took a big bounce and went over the Lady Cats’ goalkeeper’s head and into the goal. The Lady Cats answered with two more goals. Stanley scored the Lady Cats’ third goal on an assist from senior Janine Yamaguchi. Schultz then scored her second goal of the night after an assist from Stanley. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats played well but he added there were still things that have to be worked on. The Lady Cats host a four team scrimmage Saturday at The Prim. The Lady Cats play Terrell at 9 a.m. Saturday. They also face North Lamar at 11 a.m. and then take on Nevada Community at 2 p.m. The other three teams all play each other in games in between.
Home » Headlines » Two Goals in Each Half Give Lady Cats Soccer Team a Scrimmage Win Over Paris Thursday
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Says His Team Will Not Do Formal Spring Football This Year
- April 15 Tira News: Dodd Family Celebrates Newest Addition
- Drug Take Back Day Planned April 24 In Sulphur Springs
- Wildcats Golfer Grant Mohesky Signs Letter of Intent with Arkansas-Monticello Boll Weevils
- At Least Six People Booked Into Hopkins County Jail On Felony Warrants
- Two Wildcats and Four Lady Cats Qualify for Regional Track Meet at Area Competition Wednesday