The Lady Cats Volleyball Team received four superlatives and a total of ten Lady Cats made the 15-5A All-District Team selected by the district’s head coaches Thursday. Senior Sadie Washburn, a Dallas Baptist commit, was named the District’s Co-MVP. Junior Brooklynn Burnside was chosen as the District’s MVP Blocker. Junior Peyton Hammack was selected as the District’s Co-MVP Setter. Second Year Lady Cats Head Coach Bailey Dorner and her assistant coaches Jerrod Hammack, David Carrillo and Shai Schaefer, were named District Coaching Staff of the Year. Lady Cats chosen to the All-District First Team were junior Parris Pickett and sophomore Laney Hurst. Sophomore Addisyn Wall was named to the All-District Second Team. Earning All-District Honorable Mention were senior Nylah Lindley, senior Caroline Hurley, senior Bre’Asia Ivery and junior Kaslyn Hurley. Ten Lady Cats earned Academic All-District status: Laney Hurst, sophomore Mali Maeker, Addisyn Wall, Brooklynn Burnside, Peyton Hammack, Parris Pickett, Junior Landry Speer, Caroline Hurley, Nylah Lindley and Sadie Washburn. The Lady Cats were District Champions with a 10-2 district mark. Their season record was 15-8. The Lady Cats advanced to the Area round in the playoffs.
- Wildcats Baseball Team Gets Come From Behind Win Over McKinney North on Saturday
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of April 12, 2021
- Sulphur Springs Man Jailed For Third Time In Less Than A Year
- North Hopkins Baseball Team Struggles With Como-Pickton Again Friday
- Kentucky Man Allegedly Struck Arkansas State Police Patrol Vehicle During Slow I-30 Pursuit
- Wildcats Baseball Team Climbs Back Into Second Place After Defeating Mount Pleasant Friday