The annual posthumous recognition for veterans of all wars was held in cemeteries across the nation on Saturday December 19, 2020. This year, five Hopkins County cemeteries took part in the solemn event. They are Sulphur Springs City Cemetery, Black Oak Cemetery. Pickton Cemetery, Greenview Cemetery and Gafford’s Chapel Cemetery. Almost 900 wreaths were placed in City Cemetery alone! Many local volunteers came together and made the event a memorable experience. Here are photos from activity at Sulphur Springs City Cemetery.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Jan. 17 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 10 New Cases, 50 Recoveries, 1,173 Vaccines Administered In Hopkins County
- Jan. 18-22 Meal A Day Menu
- Saltillo Lions Basketball Team Continues Strong Play In District Games Friday
- Wildcats Go Unbeaten In Wylie Tournament With Saturday Morning Win Over Wylie East, 4-1
- Lady Cats End Princeton Tournament With A Loss To Little Elm, 5-2, Saturday
- Jan. 16 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 17 New Cases, 80 Recoveries