August 11, 2020 – Sulphur Springs Independent School District Board of Trustees Monday evening approved 14 SSISD personnel changes. Overall, that’s five resignations, seven new hires, one campus change and one inter-district job switch. These changes will impact every campus except Bowie Primary, Sulphur Springs Elementary and the Administration building.
School employees whose resignations were accepted by SSISD include:
- Alejandra Hernandez, a pre-kindergarten aide at Douglass Early Childhood Learning Center;
- Cassidy Martin, a special education aide at Barbara Bush Primary;
- Linzi Phillips, campus secretary at Barbara Bush Primary;
- Brenda Carreon, a Title III aide at Travis Primary; and
- Taffy Kirby, a special education aide at Travis Primary.
Trustees approved the following new personnel:
- Terri Rogers as a special education aide at Barbara Bush Primary;
- Amy Voss as a Title I aide at Lamar Primary;
- Margarita Gonzalez as a Title I Aide at Travis Primary;
- Tina Tipps as a special education aide at Sulphur Springs Middle School;
- Donna James as SSISD Police Department secretary, working at Sulphur Springs High School;
- Karla Martinez as a health science technology education teacher at SSHS;
- Angela Kelley as an instructional aide at Austin Academic Center;
Approved for either a job or campus swap were Monica Hernandez and Misty Nottingham. Hernandez will remain on the Travis Primary campus, but will change from Title I Aide to Library Aide. Nottingham will continue working as a special education aide, but will move from the Connections program to SSHS.