Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton welcomed about 40 players to the first session of Wildcats Soccer Edge for Boys early Tuesday morning (June 23) at Gerald Prim Stadium. A planned session for girls was canceled Tuesday morning. Coach Upton said the boys were able to get some touches on the soccer ball while also doing skill work, and conditioning. He said he was just trying to get the guys back and moving. He noted they have been on hiatus since March due to coronavirus concerns. Coach Upton said some players looked like they did a lot of chilling and not much of anything else while he added some took care of themselves a little better during the time off. He said guidelines for reopening have loosened some so he was able to have more guys on the field at one time. Of the 40 players, Coach Upton said he was pleased that there was a group of ten players of middle school age. He said he would have liked to see a larger number of players attend and he said he hoped to see increases. Coach Upton said the Wildcats had their season ripped from them last season due to the coronavirus. However he added it was good for the players to be back, playing some soccer and having fun.
Dan Flynn – 2nd Amendment
- Brashear Man Arrested On Violation Of Probation Warrant
- July 7 COVID-19 Update: 2 New Positive Cases In Hopkins County
- DCTF Magazine Picks Former Wildcat McSheffery’s Commerce 6th in District
- Powdery Mildew Symptoms of Cucurbits (Cucumbers, Squash, Watermelons)
- Practice Safe Summer Measures — Heat-Related Illness Is Nothing To Joke About
- Woman Jailed On Felony Warrants
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Do you agree with the City of Sulphur Springs decision to cancel 4th of July Celebrations? (pick up to two)
- Yes (58%)
- No (23%)
- The decision was fair. (10%)
- I wasn't going anyway. (7%)
- The decision was unfair. (1%)
Thanks for voting!