Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton welcomed about 40 players to the first session of Wildcats Soccer Edge for Boys early Tuesday morning (June 23) at Gerald Prim Stadium. A planned session for girls was canceled Tuesday morning. Coach Upton said the boys were able to get some touches on the soccer ball while also doing skill work, and conditioning. He said he was just trying to get the guys back and moving. He noted they have been on hiatus since March due to coronavirus concerns. Coach Upton said some players looked like they did a lot of chilling and not much of anything else while he added some took care of themselves a little better during the time off. He said guidelines for reopening have loosened some so he was able to have more guys on the field at one time. Of the 40 players, Coach Upton said he was pleased that there was a group of ten players of middle school age. He said he would have liked to see a larger number of players attend and he said he hoped to see increases. Coach Upton said the Wildcats had their season ripped from them last season due to the coronavirus. However he added it was good for the players to be back, playing some soccer and having fun.
- Meal A Day Menu For June 21-25, 2021
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS