For Sulphur Springs high school and middle school football players, Friday (June 26) marked the end of the third week of this summer’s Edge conditioning program, Wildcats Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Greg Owens said he was pleased with the consistent turnout for his oldest group of incoming 11th and 12th graders and his youngest group of incoming 7th and 8th graders. Friday he said he was disappointed with the commitment level of incoming 9th and 10th graders. Like the other two groups, the freshmen and sophomores have been averaging about 50 for each session of The Edge. Friday only 25 showed up. Coach Owens said their commitment level is not where he wants it to be. After three straight weeks of five days of The Edge, the first off day will be occurring next week. After sessions Monday through Thursday next week, Friday, July 3 will be a day off for The Edge. Off days will continue into the next week Monday through Wednesday, July 6-8 making for lots of time off around the 4th of July holiday on Saturday. Some of the off days are UIL mandated. The Edge will pick back up after the days off on Thursday and Friday, July 9-10. At that point, only about 15 workouts will remain until the end of The Edge on Friday, July 31.
- Meal A Day Menu For June 21-25, 2021
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS