Seasons end so abruptly in the playoffs. An exciting Wildcats’ basketball season came to a conclusion Tuesday night (March 3) in a regional quarterfinal game at Rockwall Heath against #1 ranked Lancaster, 44-38. Sulphur Springs fans packed the stands on the home side and rose at the end of the game to gave their Wildcats one more standing ovation this season. Afterward many of the fans stayed around to congratulate Coach Clark Cipoletta and his players for another exciting season. Coach Cipoletta said his kids battled, followed the game plan and played hard and he added that’s all he could ask of them. He said Lancaster is really talented and he said you can’t take anything away from them. He said if a few plays here and there had gone the Wildcats way, the game could have had a different ending. Coach Cipoletta told his team after the game they should not let one loss define their incredible season or the incredible careers of their four seniors. He said sometime you come up short in life, adding he could not be more proud of his group. He said the Lancaster coaches were complimentary of the Wildcats players for the game they played. Coach Cipoletta said with Lancaster being so talented and so well coached, it made things difficult for the Wildcats. Still he said his team battled and did all that they could. Coach Cipoletta also called the Wildcats’ fans the best in the country and he said he appreciated them.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta Says He’s Proud of His Team After Close Playoff Loss
- Information From the Welding Program at the Paris Junior College-Sulphur Springs Center Campus
- Crime Down In Sulphur Springs During First 6 Months Of 2021
- Reminder: 2021 Back to School Fair TOMORROW
- Volleyball Tryouts To Be Held Monday, August 2
- See You Friday at CANHelp’s Free BTS Fair at Civic Center!
- MANSFIELD RED, WHITE & ROCKIN’ KIDS TRIATHLON TO BE HELD IN MANSFIELD JULY 30