Competing against five other teams at their own Sulphur Springs Track Meet last Friday (February 28), the Lady Cats Track Team finished second. Lady Cats Coach Ross Hicks said his team had a good meet in great weather. He said he was missing some of his athletes who were doing other sports and activities. He said the ones he had competed hard and well. Claire Bybee broke her own record in the pole vault clearing 6 feet, 11 inches. Bybee also ran the 300-meter hurdles and placed second in what Coach Hicks called a photo finish. Sable Erdmier won the discus event. Myssiah Dugan got second place in both the 100-meter dash and 200-meter dash. Coach Hicks said the Lady Cats did not run in the 4×100-meter relay race because of missing runners. Dalanee Myles got second place in the 400-meter race. Myles’ training buddy, Sierra Vescovo, placed third. Freshman Lainey Hurst won the 800-meter run in a time of 2:38, close to the school record. Hurst also finished fifth in the 1600-meter run. Distance runner Sydney Washburn was third in the 3200-meter run and fourth in the 1600-meter run. Next for the Lady Cats Track Team is a Royse City Meet on Thursday.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Track Team Finishes in Second Place at Sulphur Springs Meet Last Friday
- Cow-A-Bunga: Cowhide Care in Sulphur Springs
- Cumby ISD Meet The Teacher And Title I Parent Meetings Set
- How to Get the Biggest and Best Yields For Cattle, by Mario Villarino
- Team Tennis Goes 1-1 in Matches Held Monday
- Construction Of Senior Citizens Center Building Still On Hold
- Hopkins County Woman Earns Royal Ms. Elite US United Title