Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo liked last week (February 24-29) better than the week before. He called it a good week and noted his team played well. Coach Carrillo said his whole goal right now is for the team to continue to get better. After a 1-4 week to open the season, the Lady Cats went 3-2 last week. Their season record is now 4-6. Last week the Lady Cats defeated Mineola at home and then went 2-2 in a tough Allen tournament. Coach Carrillo said he noticed the Lady Cats are doing a better job of moving the ball around and are beginning to jell as a group. He said a lot of the tournament games were long, complete games that were a good test for his young team. Next for the Lady Cats is a Wylie tournament. The Lady Cats open Thursday against Allen and McKinney Boyd and then play three more good teams. Again Coach Carrillo said he is looking for his team to get better and he said he is more interested in that than in wins and losses right now. As always, he said his goal is to have the team rocking and rolling by the start in district play. District play begins in three weeks, Coach Carrillo said he currently has 18 players on the varsity roster and he said he continues to evaluate them all. He said he is seeking a good hitting lineup. He said the Lady Cats will have to score runs this year. Coach Carrillo said early season weaknesses of his team have been defensive play at times and not hitting at times.
- Social Security Recipients Will Automatically Receive Economic Impact Payments
- TEA: State Accountability, Testing Waived For All Districts, Campuses
- Express Transport Offering Elderly Care Packages For Those In Need
- Collin County Man Held On Warrants For Alleged Child Sex Crimes In Hopkins County
- Dike Teen Accused Of Making False Report To Sheriff’s Officers
- COVID-19 Update: 3 Positive Cases, 41 Negative, 32 Tests Pending For Hopkins County
Ye Olde KSST Poll
I agree with KSST's analysis of the March 8th, 2020 'Boom'.. Choose all that apply.
- Could not have done better myself (44%)
- 100% (22%)
- Oh yea! (22%)
- Exactly my thought! (11%)
Thanks for voting!