This begins a series of stories on Wildcats and Lady Cats’ sports team and where they were in their seasons when all high school sports were suspended by the University Interscholastic League or UIL due to concerns about coronavirus. The suspension is in place until May 4. Today’s story is on Lady Cats Powerlifting. That’s something we have only had in Sulphur Springs for only the past two seasons. Addison Lamb was the first Lady Cats’ powerlifter at the beginning of the season last season. She was soon joined by Sable Erdmier. This year a third Lady Cat, Rori Young, has joined the team. Both Lamb and Erdmier qualified for the Regional Powerlifting Meet at Pine Tree back on March 5. At the Regional Meet, Erdmier qualified for the State Meet. It was supposed to take place last Saturday, March 21 in Waco. Erdmier planned on getting a medal at state. The State Meet was postponed, as were all high school activities on March 16, due to the UIL suspension. The UIL Executive Director, in a recent statement, said the UIL is working diligently on contingency plans to conduct state championships in each of the activities that have been suspended. Perhaps there will still be a Girls Powerlifting State Meet in the months ahead. Tomorrow’s story will deal with the Wildcats Powerlifting Team.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Powerlifting Suspended Right Before Girls State Meet (First in a Series)
- Meal A Day Menu for March 30-April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Second Confirmed Coronavirus Case Reported In Hopkins County
- Equipment Issues At City Wastewater Treatment Plant Partially Resolved
- Clearing The Path For A New Senior Citizens Center
- Man Accused Thursday Of Threatening His Mother In Jail Saturday For Violating Protective Order
- Hopkins County Records –March 27, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
I agree with KSST's analysis of the March 8th, 2020 'Boom'.. Choose all that apply.
- Could not have done better myself (44%)
- 100% (22%)
- Oh yea! (22%)
- Exactly my thought! (11%)
Thanks for voting!